- 1. By agreeing to this license, you (the author(s), copyright owner or
assignee), grant a non exclusive licence to Leeds Metropolitan
University on behalf of The Repository that warrant:
- 1.1 You are the owner of the copyright in the whole Work
(including content & layout) or are duly authorised by the
owner(s), or other holder of these rights and are competent to
grant under this agreement, a licence to hold and disseminate
copies of the material.
- 1.2 The Work is not and shall be in no way a violation or
infringement of any copyright, trademark, patent, or other
rights whatsoever of any person.
- 1.3 That if the Work has been commissioned, sponsored or
supported by any organization, you represent that you have
fulfilled all of the obligations required by such contract or
The Repository's rights and responsibilities
- 2. The Repository:
- 2.1 May distribute copies of the Work (including the abstract)
worldwide, in electronic format via any medium for the lifetime
of the project, or as negotiated with the depositor, for the
purpose of free access without charge (except for associated
- 2.2 May electronically store, translate, copy, or re-arrange the
Work to ensure its future preservation and accessibility, unless
notified by the depositor that specific restrictions apply.
- 2.3 May incorporate metadata or documentation into public access
catalogues for the e-print. A citation to the Work will always
- 2.4 Shall retain the right to remove the Work for professional
or administrative reasons, or if it is found to violate the
legal rights of any person.
- 2.5 Shall not be under any obligation to take legal action on
behalf of the Depositor or other rights holders in the event of
breach of intellectual property rights or any other right in the
- 2.6 Shall not be under any obligation to reproduce, transmit,
broadcast, or display the Work in the same format or software as
that in which it was originally created.
- 3.1 Copyright in any additional data, software, user guides and
documentation to assist users in using the Work shall belong to The
Repository on behalf of Leeds Metropolitan University and any other
parties that The Repository may choose to enter into an agreement with
to produce such materials. N.B. intraLibrary used under licence from
- 3.2 While every care will be taken to preserve the physical integrity of
the e-print, The Repository shall incur no liability, either expressed
or implicit, for the e-print or for the loss of or damage to any of the
e-print or associated data.
Definition & terms
- 4. In this Agreement:
- 4.1 Agreement’: means this licence document including all of its
terms and conditions.
- 4.2 ‘Work’: means the e-print being deposited including
abstract, text, images and related data.
- 4.3 ‘E-print’: means an academic research paper stored in an
This document based on a template produced by Gareth Knight for SHERPA